Sunday, February 20, 2011

ACIS Notes 006 -- Periodic Update

I'll make an effort to give a terse periodic update of where I am at in "The Hills of Sisyphus"... maybe every few weeks? We'll see how long I can keep this up :-)














  • chess.com -- 1471
  • chess.emrald.net -- 1260
  • chesstempo.com -- 1536
  • CT-ART 4.0 -- 1835













  • MetroWest CC play resumes March, Tuesday nights 40/90, SD30
  • Eastern Class March 4-6, 2011
  • Three(3) chess.com games
  • Five(5) CCLA games






  • Silman, Reassess v4, finishing up Part 3 Rooks

My goal obviously is to improve my play. A big test will be the Eastern Class tournament. I'm 1399 in Class D (1200-1399). Although I'm the highest rated, there are always a few scholastic stars who shoot up in those sections, so I'm not expecting a perfect score. However, I am determined to get a competitive result.

Am I boning up on openings? No. Tactics? Yes. Strategy? A bit, via Silman. Endgames? No. 

I'll give an update late in March after the Eastern Class.


2 comments: